SyncSumo, LLC ("SyncSumo") operates SyncSumo.com and may operate other websites. It is SyncSumo's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, SyncSumo collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. SyncSumo's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how SyncSumo's visitors use its website. From time to time, SyncSumo may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
SyncSumo also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on SyncSumo.com blogs/sites. SyncSumo only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to SyncSumo's websites choose to interact with SyncSumo in ways that require SyncSumo to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that SyncSumo gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at SyncSumo.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with SyncSumo are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, SyncSumo collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with SyncSumo. SyncSumo does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
SyncSumo may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. SyncSumo may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, SyncSumo does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
SyncSumo discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on SyncSumo's behalf or to provide services available at SyncSumo's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using SyncSumo's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. SyncSumo will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, SyncSumo discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when SyncSumo believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SyncSumo, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an SyncSumo website and have supplied your email address, SyncSumo may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with SyncSumo and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. SyncSumo takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If SyncSumo, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that SyncSumo goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of SyncSumo may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.